is software specifically
designed for PCB (Printed Circuit Board) prototyping, using the
A3xx/A4xx/A5xx/A6xx desktop CNC machines. It now includes several common
machining functions. Our main goal was to create high quality software
that is both extremely accurate and user friendly, with a very clear and
simple to use interface utilizing pop-up menus, function buttons and
high quality graphics. The Selections and calculations for standard
operations are automatic, but the operations can be accessed by the user
if needed. You can explore the PhCNC functionality through our
(available at the “downloads” page). Please note that some of the
software capabilities are missing in the demo version, nevertheless, it
is completely functional, since it simulates the presence of the
A350. We welcome you to try it out today without any
PhCNC is not simply the software that drives our machines. It is the
"backbone" of the entire system that controls and communicates with all
• PhCNC360™ our CNC controller
• PhACdrive™ our AC/BLDC vector spindle drive
• PhSTdrive™ our all axes intelligent stepper drives.
Named above controllers are used in our current models and are designed
and manufactured by our company. We are using 100% gold plated circuit
boards and the best assembly shops in order to have the highest possible
reliability available by the current technologies.
All controllers above are also in communication with
PhCNC software and
will receive a firmware updates (if needed) during the installation of a
newer PhCNC revision. This approach make us also leaders in the
innovations in the PCB prototyping and micro-machining business.
All new models listed currently on our web site are extremely accurate.
The absolute accuracy is definitely 8 to 10
TIMES better than the
competitors (LPKF, MITS, T-TECH) and they never published this parameter. It is logical to
ask how we achieve this and how we are reaching this conclusion. The
answer is short and prompt. Using high quality linear encoders we study
the actual positioning that you can get from the highest quality screws
and nuts. It is logical that the
absolute positioning errors
exist in all models on the market. What we did?
• for all standard models we start calibrating the screw/motor
assemblies. We run them end to end in a 0.01 inch (0.25 mm) steps and
compare the position with the reading from a temporary mounted high
accuracy linear encoder. As a result we got a "map" of the screw
inaccuracy that is recorded in the axis intelligent PhSTdrive and
dynamically compensated during the actual positioning.
for all high end models we have the linear encoders permanently
mounted and full servo positioning feedback also allowed by the
• on top of this we have full thermal compensation for the screws,
encoders and even the material under machining, allowing our systems to
be the most accurate in the current market.
What is handling this complicated but very effective accuracy
improvements. It is the PhCNC control software. This is the reason to
call it the "backbone" of our systems.
PhCNC software now is offered in two versions:
• Standard version of PhCNC is included with each machine.
• Enhanced version, PhCNC Pro is optional and includes many additional functions (see details below).
News about latest revisions of PhCNC:
• PhCNC64 - 64bit version of PhCNC for
x64 Windows (Vista/Win7/8/8.1).
PhCNC64 (64bit) is completely identical, functionally and visually with
(32bit). The main advantage is that it can address more than 4GB RAM
(extremely good solution for handling large and complicated projects).
• Multithreading - Now PhCNC &
PhCNC64 are capable of using parallel
processing that allows significant improvement in processing of large
and complicated projects. With multi core processors (now in every new
PC), it will save your time to process tool paths in "insulation",
"copper rubout", ...
PhCNC has two modes of operation the CAM mode and
CNC mode. At start up,
PhCNC enters the CAM mode, where you can open your files and edit the
final layout of your prototype. Here, you can also specify the tools,
which will be used when the prototype PCB is being produced by the
Accurate A3xx/A4xx/A5xx/A6xx. In the CNC Mode, the user can execute the
programs that have been generated by PhCNC to control the
A3xx/A4xx/A5xx/A6xx. Note that you can switch between the two modes at
any time. If you have our new video camera/microscope you will be able
to measure and inspect your project. Here is a screenshot of each of
||CNC Video mode #1
||CNC Video mode #2
Below are listed
the operations you can perform in each mode. Please consult the
PhCNC User's Manual for a complete description of all the features
included in this software.
List of available operations in the CAM mode:
• Load one or more PCB designs (new visual interface helps
Gerber/Drill files selection)
• Group/Ungroup multiple PCB designs
• Copy/Delete/Select/Deselect/Move objects or groups
• Rotate objects or groups by an arbitrary angle
• Visually check insulation traces
• Insulation traces with up to 8 insulation
• Rubout with up
to 16 tools (8 rubout tools +
8 insulation tools)
• Automatic detection of Design Rules Violation (DRV). *
• Forced insulation. *
• Remove spikes (IPD) *
• Assign regions for excessive copper rubout and choose the tools to
be used in the rubout process.
• Additional traces insulation. A mode that can replace “copper
rubout” in many cases, it is faster and saves tools. *
• Select inner/outer tool diameter compensation for all cutting
• Breakout tabs insertion. *
• Vector text insertion. *
• Holes and pads insertion. *
• Universal input "PhCNC printer" driver allows you to import your
design for front panels and nameplates from any CAD software (not
available in the demo version).
• Load/Save/Import PhCNC project files (PHJ). Excellent function for
repeated projects manufacturing.
• Import of CAM350 CAM files (includes visual interface for CAM
• Import of 2D DXF files for parts machining. *
* available only in PhCNC Pro
List of available operations in the CNC mode:
• Insulation (top and bottom layer)
• Rubout (top and bottom layer)
• Drill (top or bottom layer)
• Cutout (top or bottom layer)
• Stencil (top or bottom layer) *
• Countersink (top or bottom layer) **
• Fiducial Registration *
• Quality control. Positioning and measurements with optional
camera/microscope for Accurate A3xx/A4xx/A5xx/A6xx *
• “Peck” mode is now available in PhCNC Pro version. It is a great
solution for all high aspect ratio machining. *
• "Machining window". This option allows machining of a pre-selected
area of the project. It has some very useful applications:
• machining larger than the machine table projects (up to 60
inches along the X axis).
• repeat the machining process of selected areas of the
project for any given reason.
* available only in PhCNC Pro
** available only in PhCNC when DXF import is used.
Even though, the software is very powerful, it is designed to be
incredibly easy to use, so once you are equipped with the
A3xx/A4xx/A5xx/A6xx run by PhCNC your PCB prototype is just a few
clicks away. Just load your PCB files, indicate the tools for
insulation, rubout and cutout, and the Accurate A3xx/A4xx/A5xx/A6xx
is ready to start.
Minimum system requirements for PhCNC:
• OS: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1 (x86/32-bit) or XP/Vista/7/8/8.1
• CPU: 500MHz
• RAM: 512MB
• Video: 1024x768
• 1 USB port
requirements for PhCNC64:
• OS: Windows Vista/7/8/8.1 (x64/64-bit) *
• CPU: 2GHz
• RAM: 4GB
• Video: 1024x768
• 1 USB port
* Windows XP 64-bit is not supported!